Zen Habits has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://zenhabits.net and update your bookmarks.

zen habits: Only a day left for NaNo!

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Only a day left for NaNo!

This is my first year doing National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), which is a mad dash to writing a novel of at least 50,000 words. I started the month out great, doing about 2,000 words a day in the first week. Then, typically, I dragged in the second week, and barely wrote anything the third week, and then made sporadic attempts to catch up. Yesterday I wrote more than 5,000 words, which isn't bad, but today I need to write somewhere around 6,000 words, and tomorrow 7,000 words.

I only have a few hours left tonight before I get too sleepy to write, but I'm going to go on super mode and try to actually reach 7,000 words for the day. That'll leave 6,000 for me to write tomorrow. Yikes.

I'll check back tomorrow, after the madness is over, to report on whether I made it or not. And to reflect on the madness, and what I learned, and where I go from here.

Digg!

No comments: