Zen Habits has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://zenhabits.net and update your bookmarks.

zen habits: One Month Challenge - Tracking Our Expenses

Thursday, February 1, 2007

One Month Challenge - Tracking Our Expenses

Trent over at The Simple Dollar posted awhile back about a One Month Challenge to track every single cent you spend over the course of a month. The fine couple at We're In Debt took him up on that challenge and just finished their month of tracking, and now Jonathan at My Money Blog has joined the fray.

Just because it sounds like so much fun, and a great idea, I decided to try it out too. So for the next 28 days (hey, February is short, not my fault!) I'll be tracking every cent that we spend, with the cooperation of my awesome wife. Check back daily (or subscribe) to see how I do for the month.

Like Jonathan, I'll be using Pear Budget to track the expenses and total them up at the end of the month, and I'll issue a review after the month is up to look at what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong.

Wish me luck!

Updates:
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11
Day 12

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! :)

I didn't spend anything so far today, but of course I'm going out for dinner with friends later.

Leo said...

Thanks Jonathan. Keep up the great work with your blog. I'll be checking on you to see how you're doing with your challenge!