Quick intro: I first intended this Top 20 list to be in a single post, but I decided that breaking them into separate posts would allow me to concentrate on each a little more. So, I present my list of the Top 20 Motivation Hacks.
A number of people have commented that I must be dedicated to achieve some of the goals I'm going for: exercise, frugality, organization, healthy eating, etc. Well, I don't believe in someone being naturally "dedicated" ... it's all a matter of motivation. You can achieve anything if you motivate yourself enough.
Motivation Hack #10: Find inspiration, on a daily basis.
Inspiration is one of the best motivators, and it can be found everywhere. Every day, seek inspiration, and it will help sustain motivation over the long term. Here are some of my sources of inspiration:
- Blogs by people achieving my goal
- Success stories by other people (search online)
- Forums with other people going through the same thing
- Friends and family
- Magazine articles
- Bios of high achievers (like Ben Franklin, Lance Armstrong)
- Books about my goal
- Photos (set as your desktop pic!)
- People I meet every day, if I get the chance to talk to them