Zen Habits has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://zenhabits.net and update your bookmarks.

zen habits: Top 20 Motivation Hacks - #10

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Top 20 Motivation Hacks - #10

Quick intro: I first intended this Top 20 list to be in a single post, but I decided that breaking them into separate posts would allow me to concentrate on each a little more. So, I present my list of the Top 20 Motivation Hacks.

A number of people have commented that I must be dedicated to achieve some of the goals I'm going for: exercise, frugality, organization, healthy eating, etc. Well, I don't believe in someone being naturally "dedicated" ... it's all a matter of motivation. You can achieve anything if you motivate yourself enough.

Motivation Hack #10: Find inspiration, on a daily basis.

Inspiration is one of the best motivators, and it can be found everywhere. Every day, seek inspiration, and it will help sustain motivation over the long term. Here are some of my sources of inspiration:

  • Blogs by people achieving my goal
  • Success stories by other people (search online)
  • Forums with other people going through the same thing
  • Friends and family
  • Magazine articles
  • Bios of high achievers (like Ben Franklin, Lance Armstrong)
  • Books about my goal
  • Quotes
  • Photos (set as your desktop pic!)
  • People I meet every day, if I get the chance to talk to them
Use these, or find your own sources of inspiration, and make it a daily habit to be inspired. Then set off towards your dreams, energized!

Top 20
#20
#19
#18
#17
#16
#15
#14
#13
#12
#11
#10
#9
#8
#7
#6
#5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have a list of all Motivation Hacks -- even if you have them all in a single one-page flow?

I've been enjoying these very much.
Thanks.

Leo said...

Hi Lauren ... thanks for the comment. I don't have a single list at the moment. I was planning at first to put them in a single post, but decided to separate them into individual posts.

I think I'll put them all together in a final post once I'm done with the top 20 -- have only done the first 11 so far, and plan to do one a day for the next nine days.

Thanks again for your comment and keep checking back!