Earlier this month I posted about my goals for the year and how I will accomplish them. Part of that is a monthly review, which I'm doing now. I'm also setting my goals for February.
Check out how I did for January:
- Triathlon: Did swim training two times a week (missed twice due to other circumstances); ran 2-3 times a week (didn't do long runs though), including a PR for a 5K! Started riding my bike (twice last week!) Did great!
- Strength training: Did short strength workouts, but missed last week. Need to improve.
- Yard work: Did a good job on keeping the yard in shape, but missed last week due to a soccer game and other circumstances. Good, could do better.
- Payoff credit card, car: Continued to make payments in car and extra payments for credit card. Great!
- Save: Continued to set aside money for an emergency fund. Great!
- Apply law school: I've re-evaluated this goal and no longer plan to apply to law school this year. My life plans have changed.
- Meditate: I only did this once, and skipped it for the last two weeks. Need to improve!
- Positive Parenting: Was more positive this month, but didn't read and could do better with the yelling. Need to improve.
- Simplify: I started to de-clutter, but missed the last two weeks. Need to improve.
- Take Action (regarding global warming): I began implementing some energy-saving actions, and passed on An Inconvenient Truth to my mom, and rode my bike to work once. Great!
I also plan to institute a new tracking system modeled after Ben Franklin's chart. Will post on this once I figure it out.