Zen Habits has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://zenhabits.net and update your bookmarks.

zen habits: Weekly Workout Log for Jan. 29-Feb. 4, 2007

Monday, February 5, 2007

Weekly Workout Log for Jan. 29-Feb. 4, 2007


I've decided to post a weekly workout log to document my beginner triathlon training. It's been a bit off-and-on, because my body is adjusting to cycling and swimming and all the extra work I'm giving it, but overall I haven't been doing too bad. I'm pretty happy with my progress -- my philosophy is to progress slowly and build up over time.

Here are my workouts for the last week:

  • Mon., Jan. 29: morning: strength workout 15mins (50 pushups, 3 sets bicep curls, 1 set crunches); evening: ran 4 miles.
  • Tue., Jan. 30: morning: rode bike to work (10 miles, 45 minutes); evening: swam about 900 yards total.
  • Wed., Jan. 31: evening: ran 5 miles at the track, include middle 4 miles at tempo pace.
  • Thu., Feb. 1: morning: yardwork (1 hr); evening: swam 900 yards.
  • Fri., Feb. 2: morning: strength workout (2 sets each bicep curls, shoulder lifts, crunches, 3 sets 15 pushups).
  • Sun., Feb. 4: morning: biked 11 miles (including San Ramon hill - very hard!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. looks like you're training is going great to me! keep it up. we'll keep checking back to make sure you stay on track. :)

Leo said...

Thanks. I feel pretty good. At least 1-2 times a week, my body feels too tired to work out from all the hard workouts, so I take a rest. I hope that as I begin to adjust, I won't need so many breaks, but for now I'm happy.