I've decided to post a weekly workout log to document my beginner triathlon training. It's been a bit off-and-on, because my body is adjusting to cycling and swimming and all the extra work I'm giving it, but overall I haven't been doing too bad. I'm pretty happy with my progress -- my philosophy is to progress slowly and build up over time.
Here are my workouts for the last week:
- Mon., Jan. 29: morning: strength workout 15mins (50 pushups, 3 sets bicep curls, 1 set crunches); evening: ran 4 miles.
- Tue., Jan. 30: morning: rode bike to work (10 miles, 45 minutes); evening: swam about 900 yards total.
- Wed., Jan. 31: evening: ran 5 miles at the track, include middle 4 miles at tempo pace.
- Thu., Feb. 1: morning: yardwork (1 hr); evening: swam 900 yards.
- Fri., Feb. 2: morning: strength workout (2 sets each bicep curls, shoulder lifts, crunches, 3 sets 15 pushups).
- Sun., Feb. 4: morning: biked 11 miles (including San Ramon hill - very hard!)