Zen Habits has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://zenhabits.net and update your bookmarks.

zen habits: A new 5K PR for me

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A new 5K PR for me

I don't have the official time, but I know I broke my old PR of 23:05 (set a year ago) in this past weekend's Academy of Our Lady of Guam 5K, as I came in just under 22:30. So I broke my old record by at least 30 seconds. Woo hoo!

It was a pretty flat run, but hard for me as I haven't run any races, let alone anything as short or fast as a 5K. I pushed myself the entire 5K, and I was breathing hard.

Next up: the Northern Lights 10K this weekend. I've found 10Ks to be even harder than 5Ks, because they are nearly as fast, but twice as long. It's grueling to keep up a fast pace for 6.2 miles, at least for a runner like myself.

2 comments:

ispf said...

Wow, a 10K run's got to be very challanging. Good Luck!

BTW, you've got a very nice blog here. I will certainly return to read more. :)

Leo said...

Thanks, ispf! I appreciate the comments. I like your blog too.

I actually completed my first marathon last month (it was killer!), so the distance of a 10K isn't that challenging, but the fast pace of it over that distance is what's hard for me.